In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
▶ How do we collect your personal data?
When you provide personal details to register as our customer in KITBAY.CO, send emails or completed forms provided by us for us to process your requests, you are communicating with us electronically.
The personal data that we collect from you includes your name, identification card number, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, purchase history or any information about you which you have provided to us and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us.
▶ From which sources your personal data may be collected?
We may collect your personal data from the following sources including:
- when filing and completing forms provided to you via the internet;
- when you register at KITBAY.CO website as a user;
- by calling the kitbay call center and created an account;
- by using KITBAY.CO website;
- by placing an order through the Platforms; and
- by communicating with us via email.
▶ Why do we collect your personal data?
We use and process your personal data for the following purposes, including (“the Purpose”):
- to process your orders, purchases of products;
- to process your requests for returns and refunds;
- to respond to your inquiries and requests for information;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, products, promotions, contests;
- to inform you about our product events or other promotional purposes;
- to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- to validate your purchases and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyze our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs; and/or
- for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by KITBAY.CO in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided; and/or
- to contact you or your company;
We may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- to send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from KITBAY.CO, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to notify and invite you to events or activities organized by KITBAY.CO, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity; and/or
- to share your personal data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its partners, advertisers, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
- by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
▶ Can I unsubscribe and revoke my consent?
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by KITBAY.CO, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
If you wish to revoke the consent that KITBAY.CO has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify KITBAY.CO using the contact details stated below.
Your personal data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, to affiliates or suppliers which are located outside of Malaysia and/or where KITBAY.CO ’s servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your personal data out of Malaysia as described herein.
▶ With whom shall your personal data be shared?
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, KITBAY.CO may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your personal data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- COM.MY ’s affiliates, promotion partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom KITBAY.CO collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- event management companies and event sponsors;
- marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors, and consultants;
- Other entities within KITBAY.CO; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
▶ Who shall I contact to update my personal data? How do I limit the collection, use or distribution of my personal data?
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request: –
- for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data,
- request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes
- and/or make any inquiries or complaint about breaches of privacy by contacting :
Designation: Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs
KITBAY.CO Trading ( 002874651-A )
2-45 2 Floor Pusat Hentian Kajang, Off Jalan Reko,
43000 Selangor Malaysia.
Office: Open 24 hours
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your personal data, KITBAY.CO has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your personal data to be collected via cookies on this Site, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
▶ Do you collect personal data from minors?
▶ Do I have to obtain consent from a third party when submitting their personal data to you?